Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 1 (Sort've)

Starting Weight: 206.6 lbs                                                                                                   Summer Weight Goal: 190 lbs
Daily Weight: 206.6 lbs                                                                                                       Weight Left to Goal: 16.6 lbs
Average Daily Weight per Week: 206.6 lbs

Day One

And we're off!  I'm feeling excited today to implement my mission statement.  However, this morning I spent a good hour trying to organize my yoga daily workout, so I decided to begin tomorrow with the workouts.  This very well could be a subconscious stall tactic.  My subconscious is wily, like me, and I need to keep a close eye one him (or more likely...her).  However, he DID reason that my weekly rest day can be on Sunday which is the roughest workday of the week for me (waking up at 4:30am).  So I give him a pass, this time.

I weighed in at 206.6, slightly higher than my prediction, but close enough to where I wasn't surprised.  Since this isn't my first rodeo, I can predict the rest of the week.  The weight will start bleeding off fast.  Every day for a week I'll be down between 1-2 lbs and I'll be thinking, "I'm really really good at this!"  After calling Oprah (leaving a message, of course) and trying to find sponsors, I'll fall back into reality hell.  My weight will stabilize around 201 and the rest of the way will be a demonstration of patience, determination, and meltdowns.  There will be days of frustration.  There may also be nights of bubble baths, candles, Kenny G, and hugging a pillow while I cry myself to sleep.  Typical Friday for me, really...

I did great with food today, so this day is already a success.  I clocked in under 1500 calories and even invented a new omelette and impromptu salad dressing; it's amazing what you can do with dijon mustard, olive oil, vinegar and seasonings.  A good chunk of my caloric intake today, however, was from that dressing due to the olive oil.  But, as my lovely girlfriend tells me, it's good for me!  So if I'm pushed over my 1500 calorie goal by something that's good for me, so be it.

I also walked about 4 miles at work which is a start.  Tomorrow I won't forget my FitBit when I head to work!

Thanks for reading.  More tomorrow!

SKM

No comments:

Post a Comment