Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The beginning of my journey...

Welcome

Hello readers (if there are any)...

I'm not sure if I will give anyone my blog address, or if this is solely an exercise to keep me motivated through the summer to get into shape, and stay that way!

Mission Statement

I'll update my weight once a day starting tomorrow.  My prediction is 205, but regardless I'm shooting to be around 200 by the beginning of week 2.  If this requires a ceremonial removal of an extremity, so be it.  My first big milestone will be to weigh 190, then I'll evaluate my next goal, but ultimately I'd like to be in the mid 180's.  However, it's not all about weight and if anything I want to be more healthy (said nobody ever...my real goal is to be on a Men's Health Magazine cover).

For the first month I will be doing some yoga in the mornings (basically the first 20 minutes of yoga x from p90x).  In the afternoons I'll be working out to Jillian Michaels Get Ripped DVD (30 days long, 4 stages).  I'll be wearing my FitBit every day and will be aiming for at least 10,000 steps daily.  I'll weigh myself with my FitBit Aria scale daily.  After a week break I will be replacing Get Ripped with the Insanity program.  I'll use these DVD's for one more month or half of Insanity.

After a week break I will be starting p90x3.

Once finished I will begin p90x.

Finally I'll end with p90x2.

Nutritionally I'll aim for 1500 calories per day which I'll keep track of on myfitnesspal.com.  I'll also keep drinking to a minimum, however it's unrealistic to completely stop drinking during the summer. Fortunately my hangovers are legendary so that always deters me from trying to break any drinking records Motley Crue set on any given night.  Having said that, I'll avoid drinking in excess and only drink once or twice a week.

Final Thoughts

Thanks for following along with me (assuming I invited you, or anyone for that matter!).  May you enjoy watching me slowly change my lifestyle and health for the better.

SKM


No comments:

Post a Comment