Friday, June 6, 2014

Day 2

Starting Weight: 206.6 lbs                                                                                                   Summer Weight Goal: 190 lbs
Daily Weight: 204.2 lbs                                                                                                       Weight Left to Goal: 14.2 lbs
Average Daily Weight per Week: 205.4 lbs

Day 2

As I suspected, I lost 2.4 lbs.  I'm happy, but not surprised.  I know tomorrow I'll probably be in the low 203's or even 202.  That's great, but the real test will be when I hit the brick wall and every 0.10 of weight lost will be a struggle.  But, this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Workouts

I began this morning with 10 minutes of yoga.  I would like to say if felt good and mind cleansing, but honestly I struggled from the first stretch.  Part of it was being stiff from sleeping, but the more disappointing part was I'm out of shape and extremely tight.  Every stretch was a chore and I only made it to Warrior 1 before I called it quits.  I didn't want to over-do it and pull something.  Plus it accomplished its goal, to get the blood flowing and wake me up.  I look forward to trying this again tomorrow morning at 6:00am before work.

At noon I began day one of Jillian Michaels Get Ripped in 30.  I did a few of these after I finished Insanity back in February, and this particular exercise was barely useful to me.  However, after being mostly sedentary for the better part of 4 months, I barely made it.  Pushups?  Joke.  Biceps curls whilst lunging...really?  Fast feet?  Nauseous feet.  I could barely reach up to turn off my Xbox one when I was finished.  My tongue couldn't tell if it was sweat or tears that was flowing onto my lips.  But I knew.  Sweat doesn't taste like disappointment and embarrassment.  But I made it!

Eating

Another wonderful omelette.  3 egg whites, mushrooms, black olives, 2 halved cherry tomatoes, 1 tbsp olive oil, sliced almonds coated in sea salt and pepper, and seasonings (I used dried basil, crushed red peppers, and salt and pepper on the eggs).   I did have a vodka club soda at the end of the evening, but still clocked in under 1,500 calories.
Summary

Over all I feel a successful day two.  I'm going to try waking up early tomorrow and getting some Yoga in if I'm not too sore, or tired, or cranky, or melancholy, or...

SKM

No comments:

Post a Comment